Parishioners involved in ministries need to have one or both of a ‘Working With Children’ or Police Check, in accordance with the Melbourne Archdiocese recommendations, depending on the nature of the ministry. All checks are submitted via the Parish Office. If you need one of these checks, please note the following procedure.
- If you already have a WWC volunteer check,
- For another institution — please ring the Department of Justice and add St Joseph’s Parish to your list of volunteer activities Ph: 1300 652 879 (M-F 8.30-5.00)
- For a St Joseph’s ministry – please contact the office to ensure that a copy of the card has been provided to the parish.
- If you already have a PC check,
- For another institution – request a copy of the check to pass onto St Joseph’s. If they will not provide a copy, you must apply for another check
- For a St Joseph’s ministry – please contact the office to ensure that a copy of the check has been provided to the parish.
- If you do not have the appropriate check –
- WWC – are started online and completed at a Post Office.
- PC – please contact the office using the form below to obtain a copy of the pre-filled form, which will be emailed to you and can be completed electronically. Please remember to apply for your check under the name of St Joseph’s Parish, not the specific parish ministry.
If you require any assistance with either check please contact the Parish Office.